Welcome to our Greenways Aces Football Training page.
Football Training is provided by different teams on a different day, please see the days below. At Greenways Aces all our football managers or coaches have their own training philosophy. Our end goal is to provide knowledge and a clear understanding of the game to the youth, men and women we train.
We strive to improve the football sessions and the way children understand the game of football. We follow the FA’s, 4 Corner Model when it comes to helping young players grow.
Each coach has their own philosophy and coaching is approached in a different way by each coach. The 4 Corner model is how the FA see the approach of the game, through statistics and studies.
Trainers are considered suitable for very hard ground, or in hot weather conditions for training. In the winter months, we would advise on you providing your children with gloves, a hat and suitable thermal clothing. A raincoat may be appropriate to wear depending on the weather, so please check the weather forecast on the day of training.
1. Astro Trainers or Football Moulds.
2. Shinpads and/or Ankle Pads.
3. Shorts, Tracksuit Bottoms, loose-fitting tops and weather permitting, skins, gloves and/or hats.
4. Jewellery is not permitted to train or play matches with, as this can cause injury to others (Activity Tracker, Bracelets, Chains, Earrings, Rings or Watches). Small jewellery can be covered by tape (ring or earring).
5. A full drink’s bottle is essential to help your child overcome dehydration.
Saturday Football Training sessions are held at separate times at our home ground at Southfields Green. To find out the coaching sessions available on those days, we would suggest looking at the Coaches Section to determine the times that suit your requirements.
Generally, Saturday Football Training is between the hours of 9.00 am – 12.00 pm.
The Mim’s training session is from 9.00 am – 9.45 am on Saturday’s only, throughout the Winter months.