Welcome to our Greenways Aces Training page.
We strive to improve the training sessions and the way children understand the game of football. We follow the FA’s, 4 Corner Model when it comes to helping young players grow.
Each coach has their own philosophy and coaching is approached in a different way by each coach. The 4 Corner model is how the FA see the approach of the game, through statistics and studies.
When training the most important item to remember is footwear. On the weekends, games and/or training sessions are generally played with football boots. These can be either moulds or studs. Your child must have shinpads to train, in order to avoid injury. This is something that our Coaches and/or our Welfare Officer will enforce for the child’s safety. Trainers are considered suitable for very hard ground, or in hot weather conditions for training.
1. Football Boots or Moulds.
2. Shinpads and/or Ankle Pads.
3. Shorts, Tracksuit Bottoms, loose-fitting tops and weather permitting, skins, gloves and/or hats.
4. Jewelry is not permitted to train or play matches with, as this can cause injury to others (Activity Tracker, Bracelets, Chains, Earrings, Rings or Watches). Small jewelry can be covered by tape (ring or earring).
5. A full drink’s bottle is essential to help your child overcome dehydration, when training.
Saturday Football Training
Saturday Football Training sessions are held at separate times at our home ground at Southfields Green. To find out the coaching sessions available on those days, we would suggest looking at the Coaches Section to determine the times that suit your requirements.
Generally, Saturday Football Training is between the hours of 9am – 12pm