Club Officials “Code of Conduct“
On and off the field, Club Officials will:
• Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players,
coaches, managers, officials and spectators
• Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
• Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
• Always respect the match official’s decision
• Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
• Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
• Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
When working with players, Club Officials will:
• Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
• Explain exactly what is expected of players and what they can expect
• Ensure all parents/carers of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
• Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
• Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
• Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
• Ensure all organised activities are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
• Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers)
for each player’s best interests.
It is understood that if the Code is not followed, any/all of the following actions may be taken by
Greenways Aces, KCFA, league or The FA:
• Required to meet with the club, league or County Welfare Officer
• Required to meet with the club committee
• Monitored by another club coach
• Required to attend an FA education course
• Suspended by the club from attending matches
• Suspended or fined by the County FA
• Required to leave or be sacked by the club.
• FACA (FA Coaches Association) membership may be withdrawn.
Greenways Aces: Club Officials’ Code of Conduct (June 2020)